1. To understand the role of different imaging techniques in the characterisation of focal liver lesions.
2. To be aware of malignant lesions which may mimic benign liver conditions.
3. To underline current guidelines for the characterisation of equivocal liver lesions.
1. To learn about different types of cystic lesions in the liver, including giant biliary hamartomas or foregut cysts.
2. To understand the diagnostic approach to differentiate simple and complex cysts/cystic lesions.
3. To appreciate advantages and limitations of imaging for differentiating simple cysts from other cystic lesions.
1. To learn about typical imaging findings of liver haemangioma.
2. To understand the atypical imaging findings of liver haemangiomas.
3. To appreciate the role of multiparametric and liver-specific contrast MRI in differentiation between haemangiomas and malignant lesions mimicking haemangiomas.
1. To learn the imaging features associated with FNH and adenoma on contrast-enhanced CT and MRI.
2. To understand how the imaging characteristics are related to the underlying pathological findings.
3. To appreciate the optimal use of liver-specific contrast media for distinguishing between FNH and adenoma, and current classification and pathological characteristics and its impact on the management.